Recently, a friend of mine introduced me to meal prepping. Basically, meal prepping is when you prepare meals in advance to eat later in the week. Meal prepping has many benefits. For me, meal prepping every Sunday night has made my life significantly less stressful and has helped me spend less money eating out. Grabbing a meal out of my fridge and heating it up is so much easier than preparing it that night of finding a place to eat that night. My go to meal prep is detailed below:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Olive oil
- Cook chicken on a grill or in the pan over medium heat.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until tender.
- Drain any excess liquid water from the noodles
- Add the cooked zucchini noodles to a meal prep container. Slice the chicken and place it on top of the noodles
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated up.
I love this meal because not only do I love chicken, but I’m a huge fan of zucchini noodles. I first found this recipe on this website, but changed it to fit my taste. They also have other recipes on the website that I can’t wait to try.
Until next time,